Jinxes and Other Superstitions
Thursday, January 24, 2013
I was reading a section on Sparkpeople this morning which suggested that I blog about the non-weight loss changes that I have experienced since being consistent on Sparkpeople these two weeks (as self-motivation). As I thought about blogging on this, I realized that I have a lot of superstitious fears about stating, out loud, some of the changes I've experienced this early on in the program. Some of the fears include:
1. What if what you've been doing the past two weeks is just a fluke, a ghost, or a figment of your imagination?
2. By speaking some of the changes you have felt out loud this early, you will jinx yourself (like stepping on a crack and breaking your mother's back).
3. You're mentally ill... you just THINK that dress is a little bit loser. That couldn't be it, at least not yet.
4. True weight loss is not "real" until 4-6 weeks in.
5. You've started and stopped before... shhh, don't say anything until you are sure this time is the charm.
I never realized until now some of the odd superstitious thoughts we sometimes carry around as eaters in recovery. Are there any odd superstitions you still hold onto?