Thursday, January 24, 2013
...taking a look at what I've learned in this first 2 months on SP - the ideas are so simple, but eluded me for so long before this:
My baby steps:
1. Record everything, even when I'd rather not see how the little tastes add up, even when I'd like a do-over. If I "cheat" in recording, who am I kidding! Remember that the next moment, whenever that occurs, GIVES ME a do-over.
2. Be more active, knowing that I CAN make progress with 10 or 15 minutes at a time.
3. Stop isolating - it's not independence, it's not self-sufficiency, it's HIDING from the very people who can help.
4. Study the PATTERNS, not just in weight loss, but in my whole life - they're what's important.
5. Maintain perspective: just reducing a number on the scale is pointless without healthy changes, increasing my mobility improves the quality of my life, health and well-being make my life goals more possible, enjoying the journey may allow me to help others take baby steps, too.
6. I'm worth the effort this takes, even when I don't think I am.
Thanks everyone - it's because of you and the support you give that any of this is possible for many of us. Thank you.