Wednesday, January 23, 2013
I did a better job of following my healthy guidelines today.
These guidelines include:
1. Do not eat chocolate.
2. Only eat at meal times and planned snacks if necessary.
3. Pre-plan all meals and stick to the plan.
4. Drink all my water during planned watering times.
5. Exercise at least 5 days a week. (planned)
6. Find REAL solutions to my problems - not just mask them with junk food.
All day If I tried to reach for something I should not eat, I would remember these words: "A truly committed person does not falter in the face of adversity. Until one is committed, there is a chance to hesitate, to go off in another direction, or to be ineffective". - Marvin J. Ashton.
It made me wonder if I have lost my commitment to changing my lifestyle. Do I want to be healthy or eat junk food? It is a choice I need to make and i can't have one hand in each bowl. I will be much happier without the junk.
Marvin J. Ashton also said, "True happiness is not made in getting something. True happiness is becoming something. This can be done by being committed to lofty goals. We cannot become something without commitment."
He's right, you know. I can not become healthy without committing to eating proper foods, getting the right amount of sleep and avoiding the wrong stuff. And speaking of sleep, it's almost my bedtime.