Wednesday, January 23, 2013
“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro
Yesterday was a really, really good day. I was a little bummed that I forgot my bag of food at home in the morning – lunch, fruit, yogurt, etc. But I made a strong comeback. I bought a healthy breakfast, salad for lunch, and a lowfat greek yogurt. That, combined with a healthy dinner of turkey breast, carrots and potatoes landed me at the low end of my calorie range. I also drank my water and got in my exercise including 60 minutes of “real” cardio on the treadmill in the evening. I even increased the incline on the treadmill from 8.0 to 8.5 and it felt great.
I am feeling pumped after yesterday.
Today I brought my bag of frood so I have a salad for lunch with fruit and greek yogurt for snacks. Tonight I have a dinner with friends. I’m a little nervous about blowing my eating, but I’m going to guess the best I can. If possible I’m going to look at the menu before we go, but the group hasn’t decided on where we’re going yet.
Health Progress MTD
1. Eat within calories (streak 16 days; 20 of 22 days this month)
2. Cardio (streak 27 days; 22 of 22 days this month)
3. Drink water (streak 13 days; 16 of 22 days this month)
4. Wear pedometer and track steps (streak 81 days; 22 of 22 days this month)
Three happy things:
1. My boss is out of the office for the rest of the week
2. Listening to a really good book on tape
3. Morning walks