Tuesday, January 22, 2013
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Yesterday was another good day. I ate within calories, drank my water, and got in my exercise including “real” cardio in the evening. Yesterday afternoon we planned a family outing to a minor league hockey game. Our tickets came with a drink and the choice of pizza or hot dog. I drank a Diet Pepsi and passed on the food. I felt good about that choice. And the family had a good time. The talk on the way home was about going again which is always a good sign.
Last night I made my lunch for today and tomorrow (salads) after I exercised and grazed while I made it. Nothing too bad - cottage cheese and pretzels; but grazing is a bad thing for me. I’m going to try to plan a snack before I start exercising.
So while I added calories by grazing last night while making my lunch, I ended up leaving it on the counter. I’m bummed because I had a taco salad and also packed grapefruit, yogurt, and clementines. I hate buying healthy food like that at work because it is so expensive, but I really don’t want to eat anything else either. I’m going to make this a healthy eating day no matter what!
Health Progress MTD
1. Eat within calories (streak 15 days; 19 of 21 days this month)
2. Cardio (streak 26 days; 21 of 21 days this month)
3. Drink water (streak 12 days; 15 of 21 days this month)
4. Wear pedometer and track steps (streak 80 days; 21 of 21 days this month)
Three happy things:
1. Beautiful red and purple sky at sunset
2. Getting the last quarter to finish my two 50 state quarter collections in time for my son’s 100th day project.
3. Having friends that are willing to search through their spare change to find the last quarters I needed for my collection