DAY 49 JUST DO SOMETHING.
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND YOUR GOALS ARE CLEAR.
EVERY DAY YOU SAY TO YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE READY TO START ON YOUR EXERCISE PLAN.
. BUT THESE ACTIONS FALL TO THE GROUND FOR DAYS OR WEEKS AND YOU DO NOT EXERCISE.
THE RUT YOU ARE IN MAKES YOU FEEL AS IF YOU NEVER WILL GET GOING AGAIN.
ONE STEP LIGHTS A FIRE!
. TELL YOURSELF "JUST DO SOMETHING" THEN YOU START. DOING SOMETHING MOVES YOU PAST THE BARRIERS. ONCE YOU START, YOUR MIND RECOGNIZES THAT YOU'RE BEEN SUCCESSFUL HELPS YOU KEEP GOING.
ALL YOU NEED IS ONE HEALTHY MEAL, AND WALK. GETTING STARTED. IS CRITICAL TO REVIVING MOTIVATION. THE FIRST STEP CAN BE A KILLER, YET WITH OUT IT, YOU'LL PROBABLY STAY STUCK. NEXT TIME YOU FEEL IMMOBILIZED REPEAT THE PHRASE "JUST "DO SOMETHING". THEN YOU START TO PUT YOURSELF BACK INTO ACTION.
WHATEVER STEPS YOU'VE TAKEN, PLAN TO REPEAT IT FOR 3 DAYS. AFTER 3 DAYS YOU WILL GAIN CONFIDENCE AND REGAIN YOUR SENSE OF CONTROL. WITH A NEW ATTITUDE YOU'LL BE MORE WILLING TO STICK TO YOUR PLAN. NOW GO AND "JUST DO SOMETHING".
DAY 50 10 MIN SOLUTION.
GETTING STARTED IS HALF THE BATTLE, BUT WHAT IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING YOUR ACTIVITY THE NEXT DAY.
SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.
TO KEEP YOUR EXERCISE PLAN, WORK IT DOWN LEVELS YOU CAN DO.
USE THE 10 MINUTE SOLUTION PLAN. SICK KIDS, JUST DO NOT HAVE THE ENERGY AND YOU JUST DO NOT WANT TO MOVE....
IT HAPPENS. THE 10 MINUTE SOLUTION COMES IN HANDY. MAKE A DEAL WITH YOURSELF THAT YOU WILL EXERCISE FOR 10 MINUTES YOU MAY FEEL RELIVED IT IS OVER AND STOP OR YOU MAY REALIZE THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP GOING LONGER SO GO! NEVER MINIMIZE THE BENEFITS OF SMALL AMOUNTS OF EXERCISE. DON'T THINK LESS YOUR EFFORTS. TEN MINUTES SESSIONS OF EXERCISE BOOST YOUR ENERGY, LIFTS YOUR SPIRITS, HAPPENS YOUR THINKING AND BRIGHTENS YOUR EYES.
IT DOESN'T TAKE A LOT.
WITH TIME EVEN SMALL AMOUNTS OF EXERCISE WILL BRING IMPROVEMENT. WHILE 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE DOESN'T GIVE THE SAME BENEFITS AS 20- 30 MINUTES, IT CAN GET YOU STARTED BACK TO CONSISTENCY OF EXERCISE.
DAY 51 WHAT IS EMOTIONAL EATING???
YOU WERE DOING SO WELL SOMETHING WAN WRONG..... MAYBE YOU GOT ANGRY WITH YOUR BOSS OR YOUR KIDS UPSET YOU...YOU FEEL DEPRESSED ABOUT YOUR MONEY SITUATION OR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS. YOU WERE NOT HUNGRY
WHEN YOU REACHED FOR THE CHIPS, OR BAG OF COOKIES TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER....YOU JUST SLIPPED INTO EMOTIONAL EATING.
THINK ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES YOU EAT FOR REASONS OTHER THAN TO FULE YOUR BODY. NIBBLES OF FREE DO NUTS GIVEN OUT AT THE BANK, OR SAMPLES OF FOOD GIVEN OUT AT THE GROCERY STORE., SNEAKING CANDY WHILE THE KIDS ARE SLEEP. DOES THIS RING TRUE?? EMOTIONAL EATING IS AYTIME YOU REACH FOR FOOD WEN YOU ARE NOT PHYSICALLY HUNGRY OR NEED NUTRITION. THERE WENT THE DIET~! IF YOU ARE CAREFUL YOU CAN SLIDE INTO USING FOOD TO "FIX" YOUR EMOTIONAL NEEDS. EVENTUALLY EMOTIONAL EATING WILL DESTROY YOUR DIET AND SELF ESTEEM. TO STOP EMOTIONAL EATING, YOU FIRST HAVE TO RECONGNIZE YOU ARE DOING IT. START PAYING ATTENTION TO THE TIMES YOU EAT WHEN YOU ARE NOT TRULY ARENT HUNGRY. ANALYZE YOUR HABITS. HAVNG A BOWL OF ICE CREAM EVERY NIGHT AT BEDTIME OR GRABBING A FEW COOKIES EVERY TIME GET OFF THE PHONE WITH YOUR FRIEND.
ASK YOURELF WHY AM I EATING?? WHEN YOU START THINKING ABOUT FOOD DECIDE WHETHER YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL NEED OR EMOTIONAL AN EMOTIONAL ONE. BEFORE YOU PUT ANYTHING IN MOUTH ASK YOURSELF. ASK YOURSELF "IF THIS A HUNGRY IR DESIRE TO EAT?? IF YOU DECIDE YOU ARE HUNGRY, GIVE YOUR BODY SOME FUEL. BUT IF YOU'RE HAVING A DESIRE TO EAT CATCH YOURSELF ON THE SPOT AND ASK "WHAT IS GOING ON"? AND WHAT IS MAKING EAT RIGHT NOW? THEN CONSIDER HOW YOU COULD TAKE CARE IF YOUR NEEDS INSTEAD OF APPEASING THEN WITH FOOD.
SIDE NOTE HERE: I STRUGGLE WITH THIS TOO. BUT I HAVE LEARNED THAT TO COMBAT ANGER (FOR ME) IS TO TALK THE ONE WHO OFFENDED ME OR IF I CAN NOT TALK TO THEM THEN WRITE ABOUT THEM ON PAPER AND THEN BURN IT. FOR ME BURNING IT TAKES THE HURT AWAY(FOR ME).
I HAVE DEVELOPED A DISTRACTION LIST (THIS CAME FROM THE BECK TEAM)
1. Go shopping--window shop for inexpensive items.or Leave the room.
2. Distance myself from the desired food. Go outside etc.
3. Exercise-- 10 min session of pilates for relaxing--yoga if possible, slow walking, deep breathing, Cleaning out closets or my bed room dresser drawer or re-organiize it.
4. Chewing gum or drink green tea. Drink low cal or no cal beverage like green teas, club soda, flavored waters. I will be careful with the flavored waters cause some are sneak about adding sugar and other things not needed. (At present since I am not at goal weight and I am restarting once more I will not use these foods as a substitute unless I have a LBS small apple, veggie plate-- of broccoli, carrots celery peppers, cherry tomatoes, lettuce or boiled eggs with grapes, cucumbers slices with FF LC ranch dressing or laughing cow cheese with light salted rice cakes, or 1/2 cup applesauce sugar free or cottage cheese with blueberries.) when I do reach my goal weight I have the option to use these foods........ (If I can not stand it any more LOL me only) I will use this technique: Over come sweet desire by sucking on lemons salty by: eating a pickle, Garlicky or spicy desired of foods by: Chewing gum (mint) tic tacs mints and peppermint candy sugar free only alotting myself 1-2 pieces. or cough drops mints flavored that are sugar free.
5. Journal---write about the desired food and leave it there. Write about feelings and emotions instead of eating them. .
6. Do self care like napping, facials, use tea bags or cucumber sliced on eyes. Yes tea bags and cucumber slices are great on puffy and tired eyes. They feel cool and refreshing. Pedicures or manicures. .
7. Do crocheted projects. Keeping my hands busy really helps and I love crocheting anyway. I have started using wire to make beaded and wire jewelry recently. I like having pieces that I have made with my own hands and get compliments.
8. Pray believing God will take me thur this time of testing or trial. Develop and use victory verses of the bible over temptation.
9. Do foot rubs on youirself, massages, listening to relaxing music, spa music.
NOTE( MY LIST IS FOR ME). YOU CAN DEVELOPE YOUR OWN LIST.