Tuesday, January 22, 2013
I wanted to pause for a moment and focus on the things that I've noticed are working for me so far:
1. Blogging! As I write, I find that I learn more and more about myself. The accountability doesn't hurt, either. (See also - logging food, workouts, etc.)
2. Only concentrating on things I will do (at least mostly) for the rest of my life. Yes, dropping all carbs and doing P90X would probably get me into shape fast. But long-term I don't think I could keep up with that.
3. Eating a little something "after." It has always been a tragic flaw of mine that I get the munchies after lunch. Lately, I've been eating a small piece of fruit after lunch, and it keeps me from running out for something salty or chocolaty.
4. Doing a little something "after". Um yeah, those after-lunch munchies I suffer from arrive after dinner too. :) I've found that exercise in the evening (or just keep myself busy in general) helps keeps me away from dessert.
5. Taking vitamins. Honestly, I think this is mostly because I take them after a meal, and the large glass of water with them makes full (thus, helps me eat less after the meal is over). But I think I feel better when I take them too.
6. Reminding myself. Of my goals, of others' successes, of the fact that doing what I've always done will yield the same results I have now, of the knowledge that a little bit of hunger is okay, that I FEEL better when I eat healthier. I always do better when I am focused on these things.
I haven't made any HUGE progress on the scale, but even small steps, as long as they're in the right direction will eventually get you there!