2013 long-terms goals
Monday, January 21, 2013
I decided to review and revise/change my goals today but I before I did that I had to translate them to English.
My long-term goals for 2013:
1. Work out 5 days per week, 2 days of cardio, 2 days of strength and stretch and a combination of both on the fifth day.
2. Run 10 races starting in March/April 2013. 5ks and 10 ks.
3. Walk/run the World's Best 10K in Puerto RIco in 2/24/2013
4. Lose at least 30 pounds (go back to 165).
5. Get my LCSW License.
6. Pray every day
7. Take better care of my health and that includes complete annual check-ups (I am not good with that)
8. Do the allergy tests
9. Read a book a month for pleasure
10. Practice Yoga and Relaxation at least two or three times per week
How I am doing 21 days later? Well, I have a along wait to go but I am working out more often. I have being working out at least three times per week but I need to do more cardio. Running is what I like so I have TO GO TO THE GYM to use the treadmill since I am too scared to try to run on the snow and ice. I hurt my neck last week so that slowed stopped my stretch and strength routine for a few days.
I have to be more consistent with praying since I am not doing it the way I would like to.
I have lost three pounds so I am on my way to the 30 pounds deficit although I am at the very beginning.
About relaxation and yoga, I think that I am going to put that goal on hold for now. I have to get use to my new exercise routine first to see if I can incorporate yoga to it.
I still have to get to the book and I have to call to schedule and breast exam and a dental cleaning. They are way overdue. I"LL DO IT THIS WEEK.
In term of the other goals, I am still too early on the year but I do not want to to forget them.
I want to add one more goal and that is; 11. Not drink alcohol until I visit my family in Puerto Rico at the end of February 2013.
So far, I am doing okay. I know that the best way to stick to goals is to break in short-term goals at this moment, I am happy that I had written them down and shared with my fellow spark members. That will make me more accountable.