This week started off great, but on Wednesday my head cold that I had over Christmas returned, and I haven't been getting any exercise in since then. This cold isn't too bad (mostly severe congestion and a little bit of a cough) but it's leaving me really tired. I'm trying to rest as much as I can so it doesn't get worse before running its course. To make things even more fun, I did something to my ankle this morning and can't walk very well. Oh well. If a cold and sprained or strained ankle is the worst of my concerns, I can count myself extremely blessed.
Here's how I did with my goals this week:
1. "Continue with a minimum of 10 minutes of exercise 5 days per week." I got 2 days of cardio in before this cold hit, and will slowly get back to it as I start feeling better.
2. "Eat a minimum of 1 fruit and 1 veggie every day." Truthfully, I have no idea how I did with this. I haven't been keeping track.
3. "Take a multivitamin once a week." Got it today.
4. "Continue to weigh in once per week." The scale showed a very slight loss this week (0.2 lbs.).
5. "If I have a weight gain that week, then I use the nutrition tracker for the entire following week to get myself back on track." Again, I started off the week well, but dropped off once I got sick.
6. "I'd like to get down to 123 by my 2 year Sparkiversary (May 15)." On my way...
1. "Prayer 3 times per day when home all day, or 2 times per day when out running." I didn't keep track of how often I did this either.
2. "Go to confession once per month." Got to go on Wednesday. Ahhh. There is no better medicine on Earth than the forgiveness, the grace, and the love of God. It's just astounding to think that no matter how badly we screw up, or how often we repeat the same offenses, God is always eager to bring us back to Him. I think of how exasperated I get with my kids when they repeatedly forget to do their chores (after a verbal reminder when the chore chart I made and posted on the fridge for them fails to get their attention), or when they pick at each other, or give me a bad attitude. God puts up with so much worse from me and loves me even more than I love my children. It's incomprehensible, but a gift I'm grateful for even if I can't understand it with my teeny little human mind :-)
Hope you all have a great week!