Better late than never...
This is long and semi detailed - so don't feel you have to read it. This is for me, more than anything.
Actually I was putting off doing this as I had been in a down spiral for the last 6 weeks and while hanging in there, I wasn't putting in my all - to any part of life. That's not how I want my 2013 to be.
Things I KNOW are happening this year:
My son is going into Class 2 at school.
I am finishing up study, and looking for work to supplement the income my felting and graphic design brings in.
My son and I are going to England for 6 weeks, in September.
I am putting time limits for my goals so that I can create little steps to achieve them by a certain date.
My GOALS for this year are
HEALTH - to fix my bike up (January) and by Christmas 2013 be able to ride around this (very hilly) area easily.
- to be running or biking with my son to school daily (by the end of term 1)
- to be 35kg less by September (our trip away - more would be great but I am aiming for a more achievable 35)
- to have addressed particular sabotaging behaviours and moved on (FFS)
- to get a work/study/home/family/sleep/m
eal routine up and running smoothly (by end of February)
PERSONAL - to keep a daily journal and daily to-do list to make sure I reach my goals.
- to finish writing my collection of short stories and submit at least 3 of them (one competition, two journals)
- to find meaningful work (by October)
- to deter my habit of isolating myself, and to grow relationships in my circle, I am having someone around for a meal, at least once a week.
- do something meaningful for someone else, once a week.
HOME - to maintain a house and garden I am content in (not for ego, but for my soul)
- a herb garden in back courtyard - weeded out by March, and a new plant put in every 5 kgs lost.
- throw out my fat clothes (August)
- sort out and declutter my pantry (by end of April)
- Weed out front garden (May)
FAMILY -Do an 'adventure' with Crusoe, EVERY WEEK.
-Get Crusoe confident on his bike (term 1)
- take Crusoe away camping for Mother's day weekend (May)
- Crusoe to cook a meal twice a week (starts now!)
- Family chores 1/2 day together once a week.
- find a free music concert to go to together, once a month
- join kungfu together
-learn piano together (starting this week!)
OTHER - finish Crusoe's dragon (by end of FEB)
- one large and 20 small felt projects done (min) every month
- do 4 markets throughout year
- buy myself a great pair of shoes (every 15 kg lost) (all my shoes are decades old and had it.)
- to pay all bills and rent each month without anxiety Work out a weekly budget ($diary then sorted by end of March)
I think I shall add to this - particularly I plan to completely break all these goals down into doable steps. But shall do that with pen and paper. And that is this week's task.