Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.

    CAKEMAKERMOM   73,900
60,000-79,999 SparkPoints

90%, my skinny woman habits

Saturday, January 19, 2013

90%, that's how often I'm "on plan". I also have to say nothing is really "off plan", but I know the things I'll binge on, even if I am able to have them whenever I want. I have some sweets I will occasionally enjoy in moderation, but they're never brought home in larger than a serving size by me because I'll eat the whole bag.

I eat at home and cook my own food 90% of the time. the other 10% is left for eating out, gorging on popcorn with butter or caramel, or eating candy bars. If I could never have those things I would go "off plan" much more often because I'd be craving it much stronger. It's the mindset of letting myself give into the things I know aren't as good for me.

It's okay to go over my calories a little bit once or twice a month. It's also okay to go under them as often. It all evens out in the end.

As long as I'm trying to get vegetables and fruits into my day, I'm good. If I attempt to get my ratios close enough to their appointed percentages, I'm good. I'm not perfect and I know it, as long as I strive to work healthier things into my day it will work out in the end.

I do not deny myself anything, I have just gotten to the point that I do not crave these "bad" things as often. I am more likely to crave an orange than chocolate now. It did take a while and a little weaning to get myself to this point since when I started, I would be eating a lot of cookies and chips, but now I don't even bring home chips and definitely no cookies.

I am not "on a diet" because that would imply that I'll be going "off a diet". I am simply eating like a skinny woman. I can't eat like the "fat chick" because I will become that fat chick again. I must eat like the skinny woman the rest of my life so I can continue to be that skinny woman for the rest of my life.

It took a while, but I'm now in a new normal and I don't have to think about it, it's a new bunch of habits.

Skinny eating is my new normal.

Member Comments About This Blog Post:
SUNNYWBL 1/20/2013 12:48AM

    That's a good normal to have! emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
RELIVE 1/19/2013 10:15PM

    Thank you so much for this blog! It's so funny how I feel like I'm not in control of my eating-- even though almost over night I stopped eating meat, dairy, eggs, butter etc. It is still easy to go over my calories sometimes. I've been bad and not keeping track this weekend. But hey, it's life. I can't be obsessive all the time about calories because it's just not healthy. 90% is a great percentage, and it takes a lot of will power and dedication to stay there! You're an inspiration. :)

Report Inappropriate Comment
HOLLYM48 1/19/2013 7:55PM

    emoticon emoticon emoticon

Report Inappropriate Comment
TRUCKERWIFE2 1/19/2013 6:29PM

    You are doing a good job and have a good attitude.

Report Inappropriate Comment
CYCLINGSANDY 1/19/2013 1:55PM

    I am trying to eat like a skinny woman too. It works for me most of the time.

Report Inappropriate Comment
BOBBIENORTHERN1 1/19/2013 1:41PM

  This is exactly what happens as we retrain our taste buds and realize just how good real food tastes and how much better our body feels with real food. Real food even makes me think happier thoughts. We crave the good foods which are high in nutrients that are good for our bodies. Great blog.

Report Inappropriate Comment
ROBYNROSE26 1/19/2013 1:29PM

    Love this! I am also trying to eat like a 'skinny woman' instead of gorging like the 'fat chick' I used to be!

Report Inappropriate Comment
MELAFYAIYAI 1/19/2013 1:14PM

    Kinda' great when you realize you have gone from having to really think about eating well, to having it be the normal way of eating, isn't it?

Report Inappropriate Comment
CJJANISS 1/19/2013 12:21PM


Report Inappropriate Comment
KAREN608 1/19/2013 12:11PM

    Someday I hope to be 90% living right too!

Report Inappropriate Comment
2MUCHFOOD 1/19/2013 11:50AM

  Nice entry....MENTAL food for thought!!

Report Inappropriate Comment

Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

Log in to post a comment.

Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.

Other Entries by CAKEMAKERMOM