Hey heyy, how is everyones New Year going???
On the 1st a made a shlew of goals for the year and I wanted to check in because... ahem... that was one of my goals! SO! Let's Recap....
- Lose weight: CW: 133.5 ---> GW: 115 - 18.5 lbs Total Difference
- Gain muscle: CBF%: 30.6 ---> GBF%: 25 - 5.6 % Total Difference
- Learn to give myself credit for the work I've put in!
- Accept you are only human and NO ONE is perfect!
~.~As far as Body Image is concerned: I feel like I'm making some progress. This morning I was 130.8, BF% was 29.9, BMI was 25.6, and I've been staying around 39.0 fat lbs. As of this week I've been noticing how much my muscle definition is improving and I really like it! I'm pretty sure that's considered giving myself credit/ acceptance so this part is doing well!
- Fully complete all 4 weeks of January Jumpstart Challenge
- Continue kickboxing 4x/week M-TH
- Continue zumba 2x/week M&W
- Incorporate extra exercise whenever possible (mainly weekends): Zumba Abs, Windsor 20 Minute Pilates (can be found on youtube), Various JM DVDs
~.~As far as Exercise is concerned: I'm FREAKING KILLING IT! As of December I jumped my fitness hours by the boatload. Initially, at the old KB studio I went to, I did 2 hrs of KB and 1 hr of zumba every week.... as of next week I will be going from 4 to 5 hrs of kb and 2 hrs of zumba every week!!! That still just blows my mind - I feel like a crazy person but I seriously love it. PLUS!! I'm helping teach 3 of those 5 hrs! In the class that I've been helping teach (I haven't really explained this at all yet... I will soon!) we recently added in weight training more often and this past Tuesday the other chick I teach with brought in a crazy curl bar...
like this one.... it was REALLY different then free weights but I did really like the whole thing - afterwards it made feel like a freakin wildabeast, my biceps hurt til this morning! Zumba has been great! (note: this KB studio has TWICE as much floor space as my old one - BIG PLUS!!) - there are SO MANY ladies that come regularly its just awesome. I also have been hearing talks about becoming Zumba certified through the place I'm helping teach at which would be ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!!!! I was already looking into it for myself
As far as the other 2 parts of my exercise section (ie: January Jumpstart and weekend exercise)... big ol' fail! I am learning to ACCEPT that 6/7 hrs a week is freakin nuts so I'm ok with it.
- Drink 8+ cups (4+ bottles) water/ day
- Make new dinner recipe at least once/ week
- Restart food tracking frequently
- Cut down on carbs/ sugar!!! Will eat as much fruit/ veggies as possible - buying healthy snacks to substitute junk snacks: apples, grapes, yogurts, trail mix etc.
- Eat more foods with protein (requires some research...)
- Watch coffee intake - Max 3 coffees/ day - Aiming for 2
- No booze/ soda: This one should be pretty easy - it's already down to minimal but must keep it up!
- Stop buying party bags of Reeses!! (self explanatory)
~.~As far as Food is concerned: it's like a 75/25 right now. I haven't been going over my coffee limit at all, I haven't had any desire to drink anything with booze or soda (I've changed to iced tea when we go out to eat or just water with lemon), I've been eating a yogurt first thing when I get to work with a bottle of water before I make my 2nd cup of coffee for the day with breakfast (for a while now I've been doing blueberries/ strawberries/ banana with 1 packet of plain oatmeal and I look forward to it every day). I have been bringing salads with deli turkey in it and I keep light salad dressing in the fridge (this is lunch #2 at like...430pm).
Lunch #1 is either a light progresso soup or teddies PB & sugarfree raspberry jelly on light oatmeal bread (also look forward to this everytime!) I have been tracking during the day and then usually stop when I get home - BUT I tracked everything for tonight so far and weekends are my hardest! Water has been easy since I drink 3 bottles b4 I leave work for the day. We haven't bought reeses so far this year... but it was discussed to get them this weekend... I really struggle with moderation on snacks (I have such a sweet tooth its ridiculous: cookies and chocolate mostly) aaaaand I think I've only made 1 new recipe so far.
- Continue to log-in on SP daily
- Continue frequent check-ins with my texting SP friends!
- Blog monthly with update (if not more often)
~.~As far as motivation is concerned: my sister has been back on board the healthy lifestyle bandwagon (and killing it I might add) and we talk a lot about everything related to this topic. I really havent been too consistent w my texting SP friends - but I will try and fix that soon. I log in to SP everyday and I've been logging my fitness minutes like it's my job!
I just love this site - it's been such a tool along this whole journey and I can't beleive how much change can happen in 1 year (let alone the 4 years I've been actually working towards where I am now!)
I can honestly say that 2013 really DID start off on the right foot - and I have absolutley WORKED for it!!! Here's to a positive rest of January and I will check in again soon!
(PS. I know this was long - thanks for actually reading through this if you did!)