Friday, January 18, 2013
This apparently is my WW journey. I have faithfully been on track with going to the meetings each week, planning out my menu and sticking to it for the most part and tracking everything I eat. I have been staying within my points range and I have been exercising 4-5x per week...
Several thoughts about why the weight just won't drop...
1. Maybe my body is just waiting for me to fail. I have started and stopped so many times over the past 30+ years that maybe it is just in rut and doesn't believe that I will stick with this.
2. Maybe I need to drop the carbs... however, I have done that in the past and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So I think I need to bump up the freggies and decrease but not drop the carbs.
3. Realize that planning works to a point. Very frustrating today... I knew I was going to go to Panera Bread after my WW meeting today. So I took the time to look up a good points food and found one that I was really looking forward to... and just my luck, they didn't have it. I picked another soup that looked "points friendly" and after eating it and looking up the points I choked. The soup I had picked out was 8 pts... the one I ended up eating was 17!! ugh ugh ugh. I have decided that I just need to stay away from Panera. There is nothing points friendly there except plain salads... and I just have to be in the mood for one of those. Last week I ate the spinach salad and again was shocked to find out it was 12 pts!
I just need to plan on packing my lunch and eating it at my meeting or back at work.
4. I have been exercising much more than before I was back on program. Maybe my muscles are getting stronger and the fat cells are shrinking. I just wish the scale would budge a little.
5. I am 6 weeks into my program... this week I had lots of food cravings and gave in to eating them... Weds was buttery popcorn and Thurs was homemade chocolate candies... I don't want to quit and I don't want to get frustrated... anyone able to throw some thoughts my way? and and all advise is welcome :)