Weekends are not Holidays, they're just Days!
Friday, January 18, 2013
Last weekend, I overdid it. This weekend, I'm facing the challenge of going to friends' house for dinner. They love to cook, and they have several people coming, so there will be lots of luscious food. We asked what to bring & they said, "Just bring yourselves," which is the norm for their dinner parties: guests usually just bring a bottle of wine, not food.
But that's part of life, and we are lucky to have friends that invite us! So it will take smart strategies.
1. I'll make sure I'm not really hungry when I get there, by filling up halfway on vegetables at home.
2. I'll take small servings.
3. We're grownups, nobody is going to be monitoring what I eat.
4. I'm there to have FUN not FOOD. I am there to see friends, not for an all-you-can-eat buffet.
5. I'll budget my calories so that dinner is the largest meal of the day.
All right--let's hope this works!