Thursday, January 17, 2013
I think it's helpful when the journey is long to have short-range goals and rewards. This helps chop that long journey up into "doable" bites! These are my goals and rewards (note they are not food) for Week 1.
1) Eat in range all 7 days. (Reward - 5 new itunes).
2) 20 minutes of cardio 5 days (Reward - Jigsaw puzzle for the weekend)
3) Get to the gym twice (Reward - New magazine or book)
4) Lose more than .25% in Week 1 (Lunch at Wildfire on Sat. split entree with DH)
5) Lose more than .5% in Week 1 (Fresh Flowers from the market)
6) Lose more than .75% in Week 1 (New pillow)
This may seem silly to some of you but this is the type of goal setting/rewards that keep me moving forward!