Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Late Monday night/early Tuesday morning, depending on how you look at it, was bad. Throwing up everywhere. Not even able to keep water down. He was so weak - my first cat that I've ever seen laying down in the litterbox - that around 4 am I took Simba to the emergency vet; another first for me.
They gave him IV fluids to hold him over until the adjoining specialists opened. He had, at least, stopped vomiting & when I left him the damn cat was purring (but laying on the floor).
The specialists gave him steroids & anti-nausea meds & kept him for observation all day.
He didn't eat much for them, but ate a bit lat night. He actually did seem fairly perky.
This morning I tried to pill him by myself unsuccessfully. That is to say I got the pill in, but he spit it back up. He actually didn't fight me that much, which isn't a good sign. However, when my husband & I managed to get the pills down a few hours later he fought harder.
But he looks very sad, very tired & so far he isn't eating at all & he's not purring, either, which is a bad sign - last night he was still purring. I had an appt with the holistic vet but since it's snowing away I changed it to tomorrow (darn all the snow had melted last weekend!).
I'll give the steroids a few days to kick in but if they don't I think we've reached the end of the line and that is vey hard to write. Maybe we should've tried the chemo; he's a tough guy but in the end, even tho it means I had less time with him, mostly it was happy, or as happy as anyone with cancer can be. We've had good days & bad days but it seems we're having more bad than good now. I am so not ready but I think he may be.
I pray that I am wrong & the meds kick in - it's possible still - but mostly I'm praying for peace for Simba.