Wednesday, January 16, 2013
I alluded this in my status yesterday, but yesterday was my first day following the Sparkpeople Diet plan. Monday night I went to the grocery store with my grocery list and a pen. I wandered around for almost an hour trying to find everything on said list (only had 2 things I didn't find - individual 1 oz tilapia filets and flax seed. Tilapia should be easy - any thoughts as to the general location of flax seed in a store?) I'll tell you what, it's been a long time since there's been that much produce in my fridge (and so much color!)
So yesterday, learned a couple of things:
1) Yogurt isn't too bad - texture's definitely something different, but not bad. Going to eat that more often.
2) 0.5 cup of dry rice DOES NOT equal 0.5 cup of cooked rice. Anyone know the conversion factor so I'm not stuck with lots of rice that's not on my plan for the week?
3) Pineapple is REALLY sweet. I was supposed to have a big slice of it with dinner (topped with cottage cheese) and could only eat half of what I was supposed to. It's just too sweet for me.
4) I need more small tupperware in order to bring my lunch every day.
Now it's question time:
1) Beans. Meal plan calls for beans. Doesn't say what to do with them. Am I supposed to cook them/heat them up/put spices? Or do you just eat beans straight (obviously not a huge part of my diet.)
2) Who knew that lentils were with the beans? Not me.
3) It might just be my store, but is wild rice always expensive? Could I substitute brown rice for wild?
Alright - back to work. Busy busy day ahead.