Tuesday, January 15, 2013
I've always wanted to be "one of those people" who could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. I've always wanted to be "one of those people" who is naturally thin without exercising. I've always wanted to be "one of those" sexy people. I've always wanted... The list could go on.
But what have all of the rants of "But its not fair" and wishes for a faster metabolism gotten me?!?! It has gotten me years of making excuses and whining. it has caused me to spend most of my life yo yo dieting (I remember my doctor putting me on a diet in 2nd grade!). It has left me content to sit on the couch instead of moving my body because I'm not "one of those athletic exercise people." It has caused me to put myself down and compare myself to others. And it has made me miss out on 1,000s of fun activities and picture opportunities with my family and friends because I was hiding in the background.
But no more! I have some new "want to's":
* I want to learn to use food to fuel my body instead of using my body as a garbage disposal.
* I want to move my body and make it healthy and strong, even if I'm never an athlete.
* I want to fill the void in my heart with God's love, not w/ the empty calories of comfort food.
* I want to enjoy the journey and not wait until I get to my goal to live my best life.
* I want to speak as kindly to myself as I do to my friends and co-workers.
* I want to be the best "me" I can be.
* I want to see others as a source of inspiration, not comparison.
* I want to be a good example for my son in health, moderation and joyful living.
I am sure this list will grow as I grow in this healthy journey. What "want to's" are paralyzing you and keeping you from moving forward, and what "want to's" can propel you forward in your journey to a healthier, happier you?!