How I'm doing after a week
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Hi all. Finally have a moment to sit down and breathe after a hectic week. I spent 4.5 days in the amazing city of San Francisco, followed by 1.5 days in Seattle. Yeah, San Fran is a hard act to follow and I'm sorry to say that I wasnt that impressed with Seattle. I did the usual touristy stuff and then it was lunch time, lol. All part of the experience though and I'm glad I went and gave it a go.
I'm currently at Seattle airport waiting for my plane to LA where I meet my tour tomorrow morning. Traveling alone has been so much fun, but I'm keen to see what the tour is like.
Right, this is a weight loss website, so let's talk about weight loss and traveling. So far I havent noticed much of a change. My belly is a little rounder than normal, and i feel a little pudgy and sort, but my clothes all fit fine so I guess I am carrying some water. I have been trying to be smart about what I eat in an effort to maintain my weight.
- Most mornings I have had a good breakfast, then a good lunch, then I splurge a bit for dinner.
- I try to make one snack a fruit snack(as I type this I am munching on a locally grown apple that I got at pike place), and the other can be a bit junky.
- I always get the smallest size of anything. If I want a cookie or a donut I see if they do a small size. They usually do, to be sold by the dozen, but I have found that if I ask I can usually just buy one. It is more expensive , but worth it.
- if I can't get the small size then I don't eat the whole thing. Portion control is the key!
- all I drink is water, and if I am drinking alcohol I have a vodka and diet coke to keep my calories as low as I can
Also, I have been walking everywhere. In San Fran I was walking for at least 2 hours, if not more, every day. Once day we were walking for over 5 hours. I barely used public transport because I got to see more of the city if I used my feet. While it doesn't burn mega calories it does help. I did have plans to do push ups every 2 days, but so far I have only done them once... Will try to do them more often from now on!
I think I am getting a good balance of maintaining my healthy lifestyle and experiencing a new country.
I am hoping to get home and find that I ave maintained, or only gained a small amount. Flying makes me retain water, so I won't weigh until probably the saturday after I get back.