Don't forget to celebrate your non-scale victories (NSVs), and often!! I've racked up a few worth noting:
- I don't think twice about wearing my workout leggings pretty much everywhere. (Today's work outfit = this morning's TRX clothes + a blazer, a scarf, and boots. Hope I'm pulling it off as well as I think I am.)
- I don't think twice about being in photos. I first noticed this during December's rash of office parties - I don't worry about getting the right angle, doing some weird thing with my head, etc., and I don't cringe when the photos are posted somewhere.
- I am making it through ladytimes with barely any advil, compared to the 10 or so it used to take to get through the day.
- I'm a total show-off when I'm dancing. During a salsa choreo class Sunday night, I caught a glimpse in the mirror of myself prancing around...because I was like, who is that girl?! before I realized it was me. I'll try not to obnox anyone.
- I've (fearlessly :) ) decided to get ZIN certified this summer. A good friend of mine who got certified a year ago had me teach with her last night and she was so full of compliments.... I will get certified sooner if a good class opens up!
Enough bragging. Here's something that will humble me - the tabata I've planned for tonight (on top of this morning's TRX class and two zumba classes...get the straightjacket).
Each of these moves is followed by 10 seconds of rest:
20 sec alternating jumping lunges
20 sec skiers (like lateral lunges with reaches)
20 sec donkey jumps (like bench jumps but your hands are on the floor, not on a bench...just because the bench is gone from my gym, lol)
20 sec star jumps
20 sec bicycles
20 sec donkey jumps
20 sec mountain climbers
20 sec star jumps
Off to be fearless....
Edited to add: what do you think, making it work?