Tuesday, January 15, 2013
From Thomas Cook Holidays - listing some genuine guests' complaints:
1. "It should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things
during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India , I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
13. "There was no egg slicer in the apartment..."
14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
15. "The roads were uneven.."
16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."
17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom
apartment and ours was significantly smaller.."
18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trained
hairdressers - will we be OK staying there?"
19. "There are too many Spanish people in Spain. The receptionist speaks Spanish.
The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."
20. "We had to queue outside of our hotel with no air conditioning."
21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we
22. "I was bitten by a mosquito, no-one said mosquitos could bite."
23. "My fiance and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded
room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This
would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
Be afraid, be very afraid....'they' are living and walking amongst us - and have the vote!