This weekend was nice, and I want to carry the positive feelings, positive energy from the weekend into my work week!
Friday was a rough day in the office, and I don't want to go back to that mental state again! I was so frustrated and tired by the end of the day, that I just left as soon as I could without even bothering to straighten up my desk... I am pretty sure that when I get to the office, every last bit of my work-space will be covered with papers. And not in neat piles, ready to be tackled, but a veritable mess
I hate messes! And I know that I dread Mondays much more when I have to sort through a disorganized desk before I can accomplish anything at work. Why do I do this to myself? I let my stress rule me on Friday. I could have taken a few minutes (probably 10 or less) at the end of the day on Friday to put things in order, but I was not willing to spend an extra second in that space... And it will definitely take longer to straighten out this morning than it would have on Friday because I will need to look at everything a bit more carefully since none of it is fresh in my mind after a weekend away.
One of my January goals was to leave my cleared every Friday... And I haven't done a goals progress report yet this month, so I guess it is time!
1. I will track my food daily! - So far I have kept up with tracking food - although, not always tracking it immediately.
1a. I will drink at least 8 glasses of water daily!
4 years ago it was hard for me to choke down this much water, but it became a relatively solid habit. Unfortunately I let the good habit slip in November and was back to forcing the water through December. Now it is finally getting easier again, and I am drinking my water faithfully!
1b. I will eat at least 7 servings of fruits and veggies each day!
2. I will track my fitness daily!
So far, so good!
2a. I will walk/jog at least 75 miles!
27.6 / 75 miles so far!
2b. I will log 2000 fitness minutes! 757 / 2000 so far...
I had hoped to be at 1000 by the 15th, so we'll see how many minutes I manage to squeeze in to the next two days!
3. I will add my calories burned to the January Calorie Torch challenge thread daily! Total through yesterday is 7,167!
4. I will earn 3000 sparkpoints! So far I am at 1178 for the month of January.
5. I will leave my office desk completely cleared every Friday! My office was in perfect order when I left on Friday 1/4... not so good on Friday 1/11.
Actually, the dread of facing the mess left on my desk today was what prompted this little progress report!
6. I will progress report in my blog! Maybe I should have added a time frame for this goal - first progress report at the half-way point was not what I had in mind!
7. My target weight for January 31 is 228 (this would be an 8 lb loss for the month)! Weighed in yesterday at 334, 2 lbs lost so far...
My first week of January was great!
Second week, not quite as great, but still good.
I am going to aim for better than great this week - how does