Sunday, January 13, 2013
I love hindsight. As they say, "It's 20/20!". I learn the MOST by looking behind me where I have been. If you haven't taken the opportunity yet to review 2012 with a critical eye, you should. Look back over the past year at the obstacles you met, how you dealt with them, the things that distracted you and the things that motivated you. Look at the people that impacted your journey. Lastly look at your successes.
What will you learn?
1) Your Triggers. What were the things that caused you end up in a detour?
2) Your Supporters. Who were the people that encouraged you most? Who stood by you through anything?
3) Your Stumbling Blocks. Who were the people that pulled your attention from the road ahead? Who led you off course and into detours?
4) What healthy foods were satisfying for you? Plan for more of them in your menus in 2013.
5) When did you exercise most? What got you moving? What stood in your way?
6) What were your biggest excuses in 2012? How can you eliminate them in 2013?
7) What were your goals in 2012 and which ones did you meet? Put those you didn't on your 2013 list and press harder!
This is an ongoing journey. The trip ahead will be smoother if you first take a good look behind you and LEARN!