Sunday, January 13, 2013
I am so excited to begin my weight loss journey this month. I have started this process twice before, but have always quit after losing 50 pounds. Never having met my goal of around 120 pounds. I intend to make it to my goal this time and keep the weight off. I realize that this will require me to make major lifestyle changes and actually continue with the good habits after the weight is off.
I have also been going through several steps to restart my photography business. I have been becoming part of art groups and set up a website that will allow me to sell my art prints. I am in the process of perfecting my craft and making my dreams come true.
I have several goals for myself this year. The main goals are:
1) Lose approximately 5-10 pounds per month
2) Walk 5 times a week. Currently I can only walk around 30 minutes, but I hope that within a couple months I will have worked up to 1 hour continuously
3) Cut down my fast food consumption to only 1 meal per week.
4) Eat more vegetables and fruits
5) Blog twice per week at my blog:
6) Take at least 10 pictures per week. Having at least 6-7 of those pictures suitable and of the quality to post to my website. http://www.leslie-cruz.artistw
7) Write 200 words per day, 1400 words per week on my novel. I intend to have the final draft completed by February 2014.
8) Develop my skill at drawing so that I venture into another part of the art world.
9) Read at least 30 new books. 20 fiction and 10 nonfiction
10) Develop my skill with PhotoShop.
I have many goals for the New year and most should be able to be accomplished within a few minutes a day and with the willpower of iron. I will try to accomplish these goals but I also know that I need to be a bit flexible. I need to remember to be like a willow that bends with the winds of change, not like an oak that is uprooted and falls down when the winds of change blow.
I will leave this entry with one final thought:
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. This is a quote I got from a book that I don't recall the name of right now. It just reminds me that good is good enough in life. Perfect is near impossible. Do your best. Each day is a new opportunity to start fresh.