Starting Weight (December 2012) – 193.8
1/6 – 193.1
1/12 – 191.9 !!
EXERCISE – Did great with exercise this week! I met all of my exercise goals, which included 4 kettlebell workouts (from Live Fit Revolution Week 1) and 3 Elliptical workouts (20 minutes each). I was super sore for the first 3 or 4 days this week, but for the last couple of days, I have been that good kind of sore. I also felt exhausted for the first few days this week, but my energy bounced back around the same time my muscles did!
Overall, I’m feeling really proud of myself for sticking to my workout plan this week! I feel a lot of momentum that is going to carry me in to next week’s goals.
FOOD – I had a goal to track my food this week…I succeeded about 70% of the time. Not too bad, and I feel pretty good about that. I even took time to enter a couple of recipes in to the SparkRecipes Calculator, so the next time I make them it will be easier to track.
I blew my calorie goals at least 3 times this week. Maybe four. There was at least one day where I didn’t track any food from dinner on because I didn’t want to know how badly I was blowing my calorie range. But it’s a start, and I am glad I stuck within my range a few times this week.
Through all of this tracking (or lack there of), I’ve identified some areas I need to work on food-wise…more on that in a minute.
SUCCESSES TO CELEBRATE
1. I am so glad I am working out again. I feel great, and I stuck to my exercise plan this week! I’m really proud of myself. I love my kettlebells, and I really do look forward to my workouts. The elliptical I can deal with, and it helps that the hubs got a new Blu Ray player for the workout room.
2. I tracked my food like 70% of the time this week, and I made a lot of healthy choices, which allowed me to not feel deprived. I stayed within my calorie range about half the time (give or take).
3. I made some amazing Shrimp Black Bean soup this week that was super healthy and delicious!
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
1. Food. Work on improving tracking and staying within calorie range. One of my weak spots with food is that time between getting home from work and dinner time. I tend to graze while cooking and thinking about cooking. I need a planned healthy snack after work that is easy and something I can grab and shove in my mouth ASAP when I walk in the door. I’m thinking apple + cheese stick. I always think I will eat veggies and hummus after work but I NEVER DO.
2. My other weak spot with food is dessert after dinner. I NEED something sweet after dinner, and it pretty much needs to be chocolate. I would like to say that I will eat an apple or some kind of fruit after dinner for dessert, but let’s be honest. I want chocolate. We had some leftover Christmas goodies I snacked on this week. Those are pretty much gone now, so I have some individually wrapped Ghiradelli Squares and some Lindt Truffle things – I just need the taste of something sweet, so one of these should do the trick…if I can stick to one…
The Week Ahead…
This coming week is filled with craziness – lots of meetings, late work nights, and even a concert (Reel Big Fish! 90s ska at its best!). I WILL stick to my workout plan. I workout in the morning, so I will continue to do so, though Wednesday morning after the concert will be tough. I will take my coffee with me to the Elliptical that morning. And I will do my best not to drink too much at the show (famous last words).
Eating will be the major issue this week. For my late work night on Monday, I will bring a salad and greek yogurt for lunch and some cottage cheese with veggies for my dinner time snack. I will eat a salad and maybe some bread when I get home around 730/8 PM. On Tuesday, I know I will be drinking and will more than likely have some pizza for dinner at the show. Wednesday brings a (hopefully) mini-hangover morning, a full work day, and then a banquet for my volunteer organization (and more drinking). I will do my best to make healthy choices. I have healthy meals planned for the other days/nights next week.
The hubs is out of town next weekend, so I’m on my own food-wise, so I can eat mostly vegetarian without any grief…although I also have a 1 year old’s bday party AND a trivia night on Saturday. Maybe I’ll workout twice next Saturday…