Day 11 - Think Slim
Friday, January 11, 2013
Yesterday was GREAT. I ate at the low end of my calories with lots of fruits and veggies. I drank my water. I rejected the urge to go to bed early and instead got on the treadmill for an hour.
I recently read an article about 5 ways to think and act like a slim person. The first tip was to Think Slim. The article said: “People who are overweight tend to imagine how food is going to taste and feel as they eat. In contrast, people who naturally ‘eat slim’ tend to imagine how that pie or cake will feel heavy in their stomachs for so long after they’ve eaten it. Jumping from a great height might feel fun whilst it lasts, but the consequences that come after we hit the ground are what we consider when deciding not to do it.”
So the whole image about not jumping off a cliff really struck me. I’m smart enough not to jump off a cliff to enjoy the free fall down for a few seconds just to end up dead when I crash. So why am I not smart enough to exercise and eat healthy to avoid ending up dead when I crash my body? For now, that’s a good visual and a though to ponder.
In the mean time, planning ahead seems to be the key for me. Snacks, meals, exercise. Making it ahead is working.
Health Progress MTD
1. Eat within calories (streak 4 days; 8 of 10 days this month)
2. Cardio (streak 15 days; 10 of 10 days this month)
3. Drink water (streak 1 days; 4 of 10 days this month)
4. Wear pedometer and track steps (streak 70 days; 10 of 10 days this month)
Three happy things:
1. I ROCKED today. It felt great.
2. Subway chopped salads – yum.
3. All of my son’s Christmas thank you notes are done. Good manners are priceless and so it patience with a kid who’s still learning handwriting skills.