Thursday, January 10, 2013
Lately I've been feeling extra down on myself. It was triggered a few days ago when I got an email from the company that was hired to take pics of the race. They were soliciting me to buy photos of myself running, but all I saw were my short dumpy legs in all 3 shots. Then I started focusing on how flat and saggy my butt is. Then I picked on myself for the abnormal amount of baby hairs at the nape of my neck. I told my BF I looked like Teen Wolf. My lips are always chapped, my ears stick straight out, my tummy has an ugly birth mark on it.... on and on and on.
I've got to stop bullying myself. It will do nothing but create negative energy and an unhealthy frame of mind. Self love is the best love, so here's 10 things about me that I think are wonderful:
1. I look great without makeup
2. My clavicle is super defined and dainty.
3. My hands are small and ladylike.
4. I have the most awesome hair texture. If I let it dry naturally I have a beautiful curl pattern, if I blow it out it stays straight for days.
5. I have a lovely skin tone that tans easily in the summer and I don't get too pasty in the winter.
6. I have small feet.
7. I'm a damn good cook.
8. I have good singing voice even though I've never taken lessons.
9. I don't sweat that much, I don't even have to wear deodorant!
10. I have pretty blue eyes framed by strong eyebrows. People always ask where I get my brows done and they can't believe that I don't do a thing to them.
So there. I'm not a hideous lagoon monster after all.