Saw REDDBETSY do one of these get to know me memes (The ABCs), and suggested she should have done a combo with this title. She told me to do my own, so, umm, I did!
Stealing the title back for myself, and doing both 50 questions and ABCs, since well, that’s where the title comes from, rather than any overimaginative love life.
If you make it to the end, you’ll know more about me than you ever wished you did.
A - Available or married: Available
B - Book: “Forrest Gump” and “The Godfather”, two instances where the movies do the books justice.
C - Cake or pie: Pie. Even better than death: www.youtube.com/w
D - Drink of choice: Faygo Rock n’ Rye
E - Essential item: Computer
F - Favorite color: Blue. Lifelong Michigan fan, might have something to do with it…Go Blue!
G - Game to play or watch: Ultimate Frisbee to play, hockey to watch
H - Hometown: Ypsilanti, Michigan
I - Indulgence: too many
J - Job: none at the moment. You hiring?
K - Kids and names: Not applicable
L - Life is incomplete without: Music
M - Music group or singer: Rush, Dream Theater. A guy named Fish for a solo artist.
N - Number of siblings: 1 brother, Soumya
O - Oranges or apples: Oranges. Though…can you make a pie out of ‘em?
P - Phobias/fears: Drowning
Q - Favorite quote: “If you can’t take it with you then what’s the use? I never saw a U-Haul being pulled behind a hearse.”― From the song, “Cynical” by the band Extreme www.youtube.com/w
R - Reason to smile: My nephew, Sohan. 20 months old.
S - Season: Summer. Gotta cherish the good weather living in the upper Midwest.
T - Tattoos: None.
U - Unknown fact about me: Entirely defeating the purpose of the question, but…I can claim shepherding experience.
V - Vegetable you love: love might be to strong an emotion, but I’m very fond of cauliflower.
W - Worst habit: Procrastination
X - X-rays: A few. Teeth. Knee. Ankle. Hand. Face.
Y - Your favorite food: Pizza
Z – Zodiac sign: Gemini. (Born on the border, so some hororscopes say Taurus. They are wrong.)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Kind of, yes. A god. Seriously. “Partha Sarathi” (first and middle) refers to Hindu deity Krishna, in his role as charioteer (Sarathi) for Arjun (Partha) during the battle mentioned in the Bhagavad Gita portion of the Mahabharata (one of the two major ancient Indian epics). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gi
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Not sure. Movies can cause me to spill a tear or two easily enough (like when we beat the Russians in Miracle, which I watched a couple of weeks ago), but out and out crying hasn’t happened in a long time.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No, not distinctive enough. And rather messy, too.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Honey ham
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? It slips out on occasion
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Sure, why not?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not if I can help it
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? No
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Mint Chocolate Chip
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Eyes, probably
15. RED OR PINK? Red – lived in Madison, home of the Badgers, for 9 years, closet has a few red items as a result
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Geez, where do I start?
17. DREAM VACATION: Egypt, perhaps? So much history.
18. WHAT IS THE SPARK FEATURE THAT HAS HELPED YOU THE MOST? The people
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Barefoot at the moment.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Fake cheez-its (store brand, reduced fat, the type that makes you wonder, “why am I even bothering with this flavorless cardboard stuff?”)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Music on random, right now spinning the Suicidal Tendencies song, “What Else Could I Do?” www.youtube.com/w
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Burnt Umber – closest shade for self-portraits when I was a little kid.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Apple Cinnamon
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My brother
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Beach House. Just not on a hurricane prone beach.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Hockey
27. HAIR COLOR? Black. A very few grays.
28. EYE COLOR? Brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? This Film is Not Yet Rated, documentary on the MPAA’s arbitrary rating system
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White…wearing the ugly t-shirt! (a highly questionable prize for checking in on facebook 25 times from my former gym…it’s hideous and I wear it with pride. Just not out in public!)
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cookies
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? The latter.
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Computer. Though the tv is necessary for being a sports junkie…hmm…
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
When March Went Mad (about the Magic/Bird 1979 NCAA championship game), A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse, so, uh, nothing!
41. ANY TATTOOS? No
42. FAVORITE SOUND? The loser trombone from the price is right. Cracks me up for some reason. www.youtube.com/w
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? India. The Taj Mahal is one of those places that no matter what expectations you take with you, the reality is even better.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? no
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Ann Arbor, MI
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? Ypsilanti, MI
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? I live in a brown house
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? Silver
50. ANY PETS? Nope. My old roommates didn’t let me steal their dogs when I moved.
If you made it all the way through, that might qualify you for a masochist badge, which would fit nicely with the title of this entry. But my life, sadly, is far, far tamer than what I've heard about those books.