creative meal planning
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
I am dealing with the renal diet and my diet problems and mismatch.
1. I crafted a menu for my husband of 4 breakfast and did the same for me. We are on our own for breakfast. All items fit our respective diets.
2. I will have vegan lunches and lean more toward vegetables whenever I can.
3. Bob will have protein (salmon salad, tuna salad, grilled chicken), carb and veggies with fruit dessert.
4. We will have 80% of dinner the same. I will have an extra vegetable. He will have a larger portion of chicken, turkey, seafood, fish or pork.
5. We will have more fruits for dessert, occasional pie (apple or berries), and frozen yogurt for me.
6. We are having more water with lemon or lime and less diet soda or fruit juice.
7. Bob will have Nepro Pro Carb Steady to round out his nutrition.