Tuesday, January 08, 2013
How many of us succeed in our changes while we are home and predictable? How many of us have the vacation or dinner out as our reward? Am I the only one?
I so get this when I am home. It's easy. Its realistic, understandable, and desirable. It all collapses when I move the frame to another setting. Vacation.
I began sparkpeople again the day after new years. I have the mindset and deep desire for life change, a healthy life as I age, and to lose 10 pounds before I go to florida in two weeks.
Excuse me? Is that why I am stepping on the scale every 30 minutes? Why am I really doing this? And why do I derail each time I go away? Time to re-frame and give vacation thought a makeover.
Specific measurable achieveable realistic timely goals
1) I will lose 1 pound before I leave for Florida next week
2)I will lose 1 pound while I am in Florida.
3) I will choose foods that are tasty and healthy in Florida
4) I will track my foods in Florida
5) I will walk 30 minutes daily in Florida
6) I will drink 6 glasses daily of water in Florida
7) I will eat 5 fruits and veggies daily in Florida
8) I will chose treats sparingly and wisely in Florida
I can do this.