Tuesday, January 08, 2013
I'm as unbelieving that it is 2013 as everyone around me. I've been battling a cold since the end of December, but am ready to get the year going. I decided this year that I wouldn't make the normal list of resolutions, but more a list of characteristics and habits that I will embrace this year. I am on the 9th day of doing this, and so far I am doing okay.
So, here they are:
1. I will start every morning with positive thoughts to myself about the day.
2. I will maintain a positive sleep schedule (go to bed early, get up at the same time each day)
3. I will drink water, no more soda.
4. I will be mindful enough to make healthy and wise choices.
5. I will exercise 4-5 times a week.
The first four of the list have been the easiest. While I am not feeling well, exercising doesn't even seem possible, but I know that's the next thing I need to tackle if I'm going to get healthy.
I have stopped drinking caffeine, except in tea, and no diet pepsi's since before january 1.
My success story for this year is that yesterday I was in another office area at work and someone came out of the break room with a cookie. As I was working in the break room, I found the cookies and was reaching in for one when I stopped myself and thought "I don't need a cookie." It is a little thing, but a major accomplishment for me!
I'm also on day two of giving tea a try. So far so good, although I need to not add so much honey to it...:)