Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Since Christmas it feels like I have lost all motivation. I have started to eat out much more again, I've stopped measuring, and I've stopped working out. I'm trying to find that motivation to get back into gear but I've just picked up a new job and am trying to pick up more teaching jobs. Today's program couldn't have been better timed. I have gained all the weight I lost back (all 6 pounds) :(
Yesterday was the first day I felt truly motivated. I worked the entire day and my new job went amazingly well! I thought I would be beat afterwards but I came home and felt energized after having such a fantastic day so I turned on the wii to fit in some Zumba. It didn't work! I thought, "This is the end. This is where I am going to give in today. Zumba was my favorite cardio because I could do it and home at any time and enjoyed it" I tried a few things and finialy I got it working again.
I set my goal on the 30 minute video and decided to try a short class along with a few extra songs instead of just picking and choosing. I chose a high intensity class, loved it, and reached my goal for the 30 minutes. Then, the best part of my day... I STILL felt energized. My heart was pounding and I didn't want to stop, so I kept going! I even did a few more high intensity songs. At the end I went for 47 straight minutes and burned 515 calories! I felt amazing after that.
Today is my first country line dancing class. I decided to join it with my mom for exercise and a chance to see her more often. I am excited! I'm worried it wont be high intensity enough but I figure anything helps right?
Today's program told me to blog my true motivations and reasons for losing weight, so here are a few...
1) I want my husband to be able to carry me through the doorway on my wedding night without thinking, "He's going to hurt his back"
2) I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up when hugging me... I absolutely LOVE that feeling and never felt comfortable enough to let anyone pick me up.
3) I want to be able to teach AND ride a bike with my kids (whenever I decide to have them)... I'd also love to be able to go on long bike rides with my boyfriend as well.
4) I want to be able to go up and down steps without getting embarrassed with how winded I am.
5) I want to be able to dance for hours again like I use to. I use to be able to dance at a high tensity rate for hours until my calves hurt. I had rock hard calves! I hate that I got out of that habit when I went through college.
6) I want my kids to learn healthy habits right away so they never have to face the struggles of losing weight.
7) I don't want to freak out when any tummy skin shows. I want to think, "Who cares, my tummy looks great!"
8) I don't want to get asked if I'm pregnant by kids anymore.
9) I want to have the energy to teach more actively, jump around, be dramatic, make a fool of myself!
10) I want to be able to take a look at my life and say, "I have an active, full life." A life of not just sitting in front of the TV. A life where I have a chance to meet new people and make new friends through things like dancing.
11) I want to find MY hobby again. Find something active that means as much to me as clogg dancing did. I miss it so much and never realized how active it kept me.
I could go on forever but I need to get to work. My goals for today: Do not over eat, stay on my feet and moving quickly when teaching, do a ten minute video after I get home around 8:30pm (This will probably be the hardest because when I'm out for a long time I usually come home tired). Wish me luck!