Meal Planning in a new way- for TIME
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
I am doing the sparkcoach plan and today they talked about meal planning with a twist I had not considered.... Planning meals with sides with balance in mind. AND include TIME. She suggests having meals based on the time it takes to make them so that even when life crashes in you have a 5 minute meal option. She believed having meals that take 5 min.. 15 min... and longer times for when you HAVE time.
I like this idea...
I tried to think of meals my family would eat (because I am NOT picky but they are) that would be quick enough that I do not resort to fast food.
5 min meal ideas:
- Buffalo Chicken wrap - frozen chicken breast fully cooked.. heated with buffalo sauce, served in a whole grain tortilla with romaine and tomato and ranch. Side of carrots and dessert of fruit.
- fish cooked in frying pan with lemon... served with side of sliced tomatoes and dill.. cous cous
- pita sandwiches stuffed with sprouts, veggies, either sandwich meat or leftover meat (whole grain pitas) side of veggies and dip and sliced apples
-english muffin or tortilla pizza (whole grain) in toaster oven with pizza sauce and cheese, side of fruit salad
15 min meals
- my mexi quick soup, side salad
- stir fry veggies over microwaved frozen rice (use pre-cut veggies) (can add cooked leftover chicken or even shrimp in this time)
- turkey burgers, side of corn, tomato slices, and melon
I always have great intentions and then the day goes nuts and I am tired and I end up making bad decisions because my planned dinner takes too much energy and effort. Having a plan for a couple SUPER FAST meals each week should help with that for me.
I just need more ideas. Canned tuna will not cut it with my family. LOL.