Monday, January 07, 2013
I saw this in another blog and had to share.
1. WHAT IS THE MOST YOU HAVE EVER WEIGHED? 258
2. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT? 245
3. WHAT IS YOUR MEDICALLY ADVISED WEIGHT? (go to www.howmuchshouldiweigh.org if your medical team hasn't given you one.). Website says I should be about 128 pounds, but anything from 111 and 148 pounds is still OK.
4. HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN OVERWEIGHT? No. I slowly began gaining weight at 25 & rapidly put it on after I had my kids.
5. WHAT WAS THE KEY EVENT THAT STARTED YOUR CURRENT HEALTHY LIVING JOURNEY? My mom died unepectedly due to a heart condition nobody knew she had. It was made worse by her being morbidly obese for the past 30+ years. I saw myself going down the same path & got scared.
6. ARE THE FITNESS AND FOOD ROUTINES YOU ARE USING RIGHT NOW SOMETHING YOU CAN DO FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE? Yes, but I need to add more varity in my exercise & try new foods & food combinations.
7. IF NOT, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
8. IS FOOD OR FITNESS MORE DIFFICULT FOR YOU AND WHY? Food. It has become my lover, my friend & my comfort. i am slowly working at changing HOW I view food...as nurnishment. It is hard, but I'm making those changes little by little.
9. WHEN YOU WANT TO GIVE UP WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING? Fear. Fear of ending up like my mom. Sorry but my kids NEED thier mom to stick around.
10. HOW DO CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORIES? I post about it on Facbook, my Spark Page & tell my Weight Watchers meeting members about it.
So, there you have it. Filling this out with success answers will be a great pat on the back. If you have not-heading-in-the-right-direc
tion answers like me, hopefully it will motivate us all to get back on the wagon.