The Wild Card Games are in the books. Here is our Scoreboard, going into the Divisional Weekend:
Two-Pound Weight Loss Commitment:
CMW123 – 4-lb obligation for the Ravens win; less 2 for predictions. A 2 loss obligation by next weekend.
One-Pound Weight Loss Commitment:
AHTRAP - Packers scored 24 points in their win. That’s a 4-lb obligation. 3 correct predictions. Current obligation is to lose 1 lb by next weekend.
COOKIEATS1 – Packers scored 24 points in their win. That’s a 4-lb obligation. 3 correct predictions. Current obligation is to lose 1 lb by next weekend.
Zero-Pound Weight Loss Commitment:
HEARTOFROSE – Seahawks scored 24 points in their win. All four predictions were correct. Four minus four is 0. That’s a 0 lb weight loss obligation, going into next week.
IMAGEMLOVER & ME – Ravens score 24; 4 correct predictions. 0 lbs obligation, going into next week.
GREENGENES – Picked the Redskins (a losing team) and only made two correct predictions. Still
enough to null out for the week. You need a new team for next week.
MAMAOWLS – A bye this week; Welcome Donkeys Fan!
The rules, modified going into the Divisional Playoff Weekend:
1. Pick one team from the Divisional Playoff weekend's games that you expect to advance (i.e., to win their game this week.) You can pick with your head, based on research, with your gut (stop self-deprecating now!) or any other criterion.
2. Root for your team. A lot rides on their success. Here is how I've been rooting for mine:
3. If your team wins, your obligation becomes to lose the number of pounds associated with the highest digit of their winning score, as well as any carryover obligation from this week, before Super Bowl Sunday.
4. Choose the outcomes of all of the Divisional Playoff weekend games. For each correct outcome you forecast, SUBTRACT one pound from your weight loss obligation.
5. If your team wins this week, they are your team again next week. If your team loses this week, you are stuck with having to lose 4 more lbs by Super Bowl Sunda, less correct predictions you may make for the AFC and NFC Championship games.
6. As with all Spark games of my invention, I am judge, jury and executioner. And I will be merciless. And my bias toward all footballs purple may have me lose this little game quickly.
Post below with your team and your predictions for the coming weekend of games: Baltimore at Denver; Houston at New England; Seattle at Atlanta and Green Bay at San Francisco.