2012 was a good year for me overall. I saw some fitness firsts: two virtual 5Ks, 1000 monthly fitness minutes, working on that dang plank, trying Zumba, my fitbit and joining the Y. I tried various things with regards to my eating: sweet potatoes, protein powder/smoothies, coconut water, almond milk, lowering carbs/sugars and lots of veggies. I began working with my doctor to get my Vitamin D level to a good place. I lost some weight, probably around 55 pounds. However I also gained some weight. In the end, I lost 31 pounds last year. This brought my BMI from 53.6 to 50.1. Most importantly is the fact that I'm still here. There were ups and downs but I kept going.
Looking at 2013, I see an even better year ahead. I feel like I've found a lot of what works best for me. I've thought a lot about my goals for the year and am working on the following:
* Food tracking. Do it EVERYDAY!!
* Strength Training. 3 times per week.
* That dang plank. I want to do a 3 minute plank.
* Blogging. I learn the most when I blog. Not just by what I worked through by writing the blog but probably more from the comments and support I receive.
* 1000 fitness minutes every month
* At least three actual 5K races. I've completed two virtual races and know I can do it. I need to get myself out there and not be intimidated by my fitness level.
* Lose 75 pounds! If I'm working hard at the above mentioned goals, this will happen.
I turn the big 4-0 this summer and would like to be in the best shape I've been in many years. I want to welcome this milestone birthday with open arms and great health. I want this year to be full of health-related firsts that I can carry with me for the rest of my life.
Thanks for an awesome 2012 Spark Friends! You encourage, support and inspire me. Here's to an amazing 2013 for all of us!