Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
- Sai Baba
For the past few days I have been having an allergic reaction and have had to be on antihistamines day and night. Because of this I have been sleeping a lot (which is a good thing). But on the downside I have felt like my legs are made of rubber. This has made me realize that it is really kind of a struggle to exercise when you don't feel like you have the strength to stand up or to hold your body up. I am not saying this to get sympathy. What this has done is allow me to realize how difficult it is for so many people to exercise. People who have medical problems, people who are taking medications, people who have not exercised for year --- it is NOT easy.
So how does a person live a strong life when they don't really feel strong physically?
I have been contemplating this a lot. What I have realized is that everything we are offered here on Spark is teaching us how to live a strong life. This is what I have come up with so far, and I would love for you all to add your wisdom.
1. Eat healthy and clean - which to me means eating whole grains, veggies & fruits, limiting processed foods & refined sugars
2. Drinking plenty of fresh pure water
3. Exercising daily - starting at where you are and adding a few minutes each day
4. Setting small goals - "babysteps" - and as you achieve these, set new ones
5. Maintain a healthy mental and spiritual mindset - which I do by reading Spark blogs, connecting with other Spark people, reading, enjoying hobbies and family. I think a lot of people also gain huge strength in their life from their religious beliefs, and for me this comes from my spiritual beliefs.
6. Give of yourself in ways that will enrich other people's lives. - this could be volunteering, helping a neighbor, or even just by stopping by a fellow Spark person's blog and giving a positive compliment or helpful suggestion.
7. Take time to re energize, resting and enjoying life. - Make sure to include fun in your everyday.