Tomorrow, January 7th, will be my 5th SparkVersary. Why do I appreciate SparkPeople?
1. The website is full of valuable tools, articles and encouragement that are useful to help me keep healthy.
2. The community is great. I've met many friends who have helped me through these past 5 years. Thank you SparkFriends.
3. I've had fun blogging. This has helped me keep focused on lifestyle changes.
4. It has encouraged me to be more active. Even though I broke my knee last year and was in a wheelchair for months, I'm now back to Nordic Pole walking!
5. Although I still need to make many changes in my eating habits, I do make better choices than before SparkPeople.
I wish I could show you a "before" and "after" photo that would show a significant change in the way I look. Instead, I just look 5 years older and my appearance has not changed that much. Actually, that is a good thing. Although 63 years old now, I could have had a head of gray hair but instead, my hair is still mostly brown!!
The photo above is a photo representing me being back in Africa on December 12, 2012, after one year in the States. I did gain some weight in the States so I consider Dec. 12th a restart of my Journey to loose weight! This photo will be my "before" photo for 2013, my 6th year with Sparkpeople! As of now, I have already lost 5-6 pounds on this new journey!
What are some of my goals for 2013, my 6th year with SparkPeople?
1. Regularly read God's word, use devotional books and complete two Bible study books.
2. Listen to a Christian podcast or a TV sermon at least once weekly.
Exercise and Nutrition:
1. Walk outside or in the house at least 3 times weekly.
2. Do Knee bending exercises at least five times weekly.
3. Use portion control in my eating.
1. Read at least one book monthly, either regular book or on my Kindle.
2. De-clutter my house. Throw, give, sell, etc. In the next two years I need to get rid of everything in my African home except for a few suitcases of items that I will take back to the States for my retirement.
3. Teach Africans to be good Nurses.
4. Share the Christian life with the Hospital patients.
1. I will visit the local church today, thanking people for praying for me after my accident last year, when I broke my knee and wrist.
2. I am ready for Nursing classes to begin tomorrow morning. The class I will teach starts at 8am.
3. Weather permitting, I plan to go swimming this afternoon.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's fun being able to share with you.