Is it too early?
Friday, January 04, 2013
It's only the 4th day of the new year and I'm already thinking of challenges for February. So far, my challenges are going well for the past 4 days. I have posted my weekly challenges on my Goal Board. Along with the weekly calendar, I bought stickers to put on the days when I actually accomplished the challenge for that day! It is great motivation, especially with my sleeping challenge. For the past 4 days, I have had between 7 to 9 hours of sleep. This may not mean much to others, but this is a huge accomplishment for me. I know sleeping well contributes to weight loss in addition to eating well and exercising. For the past 3 days, I have been taking my vitamins (Multivitamin, Flaxseed Oil, Calcium w/ Vitamin D, etc.), which has been a challenge for me as well because I would just forget to take them before bed. Still need to make sure I do my Daily Mile Challenge. Today, I am totally exhausted for some strange reason. But, I'm not going to beat myself up about this. Tomorrow's another day! I'm really on a mission!
Also, in my January challenge is to be a friend to myself on a weekly basis. Some ideas from the book, How to be a friend to yourself:
1. Buy a book that teaches you to do something that pleases you.
2. Take a nap.
3. Let yourself play--do something without a purpose or a goal.
4. Fix yourself your favorite dinner.
5. Think of the best gift--it doesn't have to be a thing--you ever gave anybody. Give yourself something equally nice.
This book has over 300 suggestions. So, I'm pretty sure that I can find something in it that will help me to continue to love me!
Back to February, I'm already thinking about the challenges I'm going to focus on: Love My Body Challenge. Right now, this is what I'm considering:
1. Eating Clean for 28 days
2. JNL Fusion (will be buying it this month, this is a 60-day program; this will be done in Feb. & Mar.)
3. Confess a positive comment over myself daily
4. Dedicate at least 15 mins a day for myself (reading a non-fiction book, writing my own book, etc.)
Also, in February, continue what I'm currently doing in January: sleeping 7 to 8 hours a day, my Daily Mile Challenge, and taking my vitamins daily.
I'm not kidding when I say 2013 will be the end of the yo-yo! I'm truly on a mission to be as fit and healthy as I can be!