Friday, January 04, 2013
It's only the 4th day of the new year and I'm already thinking of challenges for February. So far, my challenges are going well for the past 4 days. I have posted my weekly challenges on my Goal Board. Along with the weekly calendar, I bought stickers to put on the days when I actually accomplished the challenge for that day! It is great motivation, especially with my sleeping challenge. For the past 4 days, I have had between 7 to 9 hours of sleep. This may not mean much to others, but this is a huge accomplishment for me. I know sleeping well contributes to weight loss in addition to eating well and exercising. For the past 3 days, I have been taking my vitamins (Multivitamin, Flaxseed Oil, Calcium w/ Vitamin D, etc.), which has been a challenge for me as well because I would just forget to take them before bed. Still need to make sure I do my Daily Mile Challenge. Today, I am totally exhausted for some strange reason. But, I'm not going to beat myself up about this. Tomorrow's another day! I'm really on a mission!
Also, in my January challenge is to be a friend to myself on a weekly basis. Some ideas from the book, How to be a friend to yourself:
1. Buy a book that teaches you to do something that pleases you.
2. Take a nap.
3. Let yourself play--do something without a purpose or a goal.
4. Fix yourself your favorite dinner.
5. Think of the best gift--it doesn't have to be a thing--you ever gave anybody. Give yourself something equally nice.
This book has over 300 suggestions. So, I'm pretty sure that I can find something in it that will help me to continue to love me!
Back to February, I'm already thinking about the challenges I'm going to focus on: Love My Body Challenge. Right now, this is what I'm considering:
1. Eating Clean for 28 days
2. JNL Fusion (will be buying it this month, this is a 60-day program; this will be done in Feb. & Mar.)
3. Confess a positive comment over myself daily
4. Dedicate at least 15 mins a day for myself (reading a non-fiction book, writing my own book, etc.)
Also, in February, continue what I'm currently doing in January: sleeping 7 to 8 hours a day, my Daily Mile Challenge, and taking my vitamins daily.
I'm not kidding when I say 2013 will be the end of the yo-yo! I'm truly on a mission to be as fit and healthy as I can be!