Friday, January 04, 2013
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
I feel like this sums up my weight loss "journey" so far. However, I'm going to stop dwelling on all the things I've done wrong (not posting since July, not actually losing any weight in the past year, actually gaining a few pounds (202.2 on 1/3/11 to 208 on 12/31/12) missing out on my ten year reunion because of my weight, etc.) and concentrate on the positive.
Things I've accomplished during 2012:
1) Went 3+ months (and counting!) without a soda (was drinking ~3 a day)
2) Ran/walked 6.2 miles in a relay marathon in March 2012
3) Ran/walked 5.61 miles in a 5 miler run in June 2012
4) Traveled to Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada, and Washington.
5) Lost 8.2 pounds going from 204 on 12/2/11 to one and a half year low of 195.8 on 2/4/12
Things I'm going to accomplish during 2013:
1) Actually lose a meaningful amount of weight and hopefully hit my goal before my birthday in June.
2) Jump starting my new year's weight loss by cutting out alcohol from 1/1-2/3
3) Cutting back on empty calories
3) Cut back on emotional eating and being aware of when and why I do it.
4) Be able to run completely around the bases and improve my overall knee and hip strength (they are achy!)
5) Hit my 10 week goal (191 lb) in time for my trip to Arizona, and be comfortable in shorts and possibly swimming in the pool.
6) Hit my 17 week goal (181 lb) in time for my trip to SE Asia, and be comfortable in shorts and hiking long distances.
7) Hit my 22 week goal (174 lb) in time for my birthday!!!