So... it's been quite a while since I've logged in to Sparkpeople. But, on the plus side - I've been doing something right. Since I last logged in, I've dropped 15 pounds. It could have been my crazy schedule, or a change in eating habits by not eating so much processed food, or my attempt to find a workout that actually kept my attention for more than 5 minutes. Here's a brief synopsis of my life since the last time I logged in:
1. SPIN CLASS - so a few years ago, I scored an awesome gym membership price that was guaranteed to never go up. It included all the group classes I wanted, so after much thought and delay, i gave Spin a try. OMG did I love it. I don't think I sweated more in my life!! I got into a routine for a while - Tuesdays after work, and Saturday mornings... it was good! I even bought special shoes that clip into the pedals on the bike. But alas, the scale didn't move :( It didn't make any sense to me! So as time went on, I got busy at work, and couldn't get there on Tuesdays... and then excuse after excuse on why I couldn't make it on Saturdays....
2. KICKBOXING! - I am a deal stalker. I watch all the groupon/living social/amazon local sites til I find a stellar deal that I can't pass up. My hubby found one for 8 boxing classes at a local boxing/MMA gym. Well isn't that awesome!?! I thought, why not kickboxing? it sounds so badass! So I found this groupon for THIRTY kickboxing classes for like $40. That's a deal I couldn't pass up. I even got my BFF to grab one too! So we tried out our first class in September. It was a great workout!! Unfortunately the classes were only offered two days a week, and the timing didn't work with my schedule. I only went to 4 classes - but I got some crazy cool boxing gloves. And man those classes kicked my ass. It was a combination of padwork - punching, kicking, elbowing, kneeing - you name it, and cardio - oh crazy cardio. Burpees are not to be messed with, and I think its the kind of exercise you'd only do if you were told to. I can't bring myself to do burpees and push ups in the privacy of my own home.
3. VOLUNTEERING! - I know, you're like what?! I decided that, since I don't have to study any more (I already have a masters degree, and a professional engineering license), I needed to find some way to occupy my time. So I reached out the the local SCPA in my county. They recently opened a storefront in the Mall near my house, and they have puppies and kittens for adoption. So I got out and volunteered! How did this help, you say? Well first of all - cleaning up after puppies and kittens for a few hours a week keeps me out of the kitchen - and away from crappy food and mindless munching. On top of that, there's lots of bending, walking, scrubbing, and chasing involved with those little furballs!! Not to mention they are all so damn cute!
So now, here we are - 2013. I will be 30 years old in 19 days. Overall, I'm OK with the first three decades that I've been on this earth. I am successful, I'm a wife, I own a home, I have great friends and family. I can't complain. So where do I go from here?
Here's my goals for the next 525,600 minutes:
1. Find an exercise schedule that works. Get to Spin class at least once a week.
2. Don't fall into old habits of eating crap. Take my daily multivitamin.
3. Continue to volunteer at the SPCA. Try really hard to leave the puppies there and not bring them home.
4. Drop another 25 lbs. Ideally, 50 lbs would be great - but I won't commit to such a grand endpoint. Maybe next year.
5. DRINK WATER!!! Considering I'm a professional in the water industry, I shouldn't have any excuse.
6. Maybe work on having a baby - we'll see.