getting it back together
Thursday, January 03, 2013
Yaay a new year has started and that means a new sheet for me. Don't get me wrong last year wasn't horrible but it was hard not to get bombed out with the horrible news on TV. Enough happened to make me not want to watch the news anymore. While for me personally most of the year wasn't great, you know with it's ups and downs, I really can't complain. A lot happened that made me ultimately happy.
Reviewing that year, I've come to realize that I could have done alot more to make myself a little bit happier, and this year I am using that experience to try and achieve it. I took a giant step already, why not continue with the improvements? My thing is if I am not hurting anyone, why not go for it?
So far, I feel I have started doing great, I really needed to after hopping on the scale and realizing that after the holiday binging I went up two almost three lbs. I know where I went wrong from the beginning and I didn't stop it, so yeah it's upsetting but it doesn't stop there, I can continue doing what I was doing and more to finally be able to achieve a goal.
So goals for this month are:
1. get organized. While I pretty much have that done there is alot of room for improvement financially and time wise. I have a nice job that pays the bills and this last year I stressed myself even further by taking in a second job which was leaving me completely tired. I loved it but if I stick with it I will have to cut back hours on either of my jobs, which i am more than willing to do. For this reason, and I am not making excuses, I lacked off alot on eating healthy and working out. I want more time to dedicate myself to a habit that I want to keep for the rest of my life. last year my goal was that I would become a runner right around now and needless to say, goal was not achieved. So this year same goal different route.
2. More play time. I overly stress and get overly tired so there is never really a good time to go out and socialize, meet people, have fun or even enjoy a movie on my own. I've been itching to go see the Hobbit, have I gone? No. Always work and my mom and sisters have been on top of my list, now though i am getting really tired of being the one everyone runs to for everything. So I need to get out there and see the world! Well at least my neighborhood, since I moved I haven't even been able to walk around and see what's out there, i haven't even meet my neighbors and i moved four months ago!
3. This one may sound like a broken record but eat healthy and work out more. I seriously need to go grocery shopping every week and maintain a healthy pantry. I usually do but it's when I visit my family where I over indulge in just about everything (reason why i gained those 2-3 lbs) So far I've made an excuse every day since day light savings day not to exercise like it's too dark outside, or i'm too sleepy, it's too cold, my workout partner can't make it, etc... again reason why i gained. Well, unpacking i rediscovered WATP and it's become my new best friend until the temperature gets better outside. I do miss the park!
4. loose at least ten lbs in the next two to three months, more if possible, which i know it is, I just don't want to overwhelm myself, but I know I can do it!
5. Take a vacation, anywhere!
Writing this down gives me a sense of security, like if it's written then it's bound to happen. I use it as a testament and a pledge for myself.