Thursday, January 03, 2013
I dropped almost 1-1/2 pounds this week. Not bad, but I was aiming for 2 so I was not really excited. And then... well... then I decided to take measurements as part of my tracking and
... wow. That was tough. Actually wrapping the measuring tape around my waist was such a huge eye-opener (I have to admit - I've really avoided looking at myself) without even looking at the numbers. I have never been so disgusted with myself, I swear. Not so much because of where I am right now (or, more likely, where I'm NOT) --- it's more because as I was looking at all my "after" pics from 2008, when I'd lost almost 40 pounds, I was so proud of myself - and should have been. And then there's now. What a depressing moment (or three or four...) HOW did that HAPPEN????
But hey! I have done it before - I can do it again! Here's what I'm aiming for this time:
- loose 35-40 pounds (180-140ish)... I've done it before; I can do it again!
- be able to run a mile (or more) without stopping - I've done it before; I can do it again
- eat clean as a daily lifestyle change... I've done it before; I can do it again!
- exercise daily as a lifestyle change... I've done it before; I can do it again!
- Fit into a size 8...I've done it before; I can do it again!
- have impressive upper body tone... I've done it before; I can do it again!
- have impressive LOWER body tone... I haven't done that yet - but I can do it if I can do all the other stuff!
Pity party? Over!
Onward --- ho!