Thursday, January 03, 2013
I have Beka. her Mother called and asked if I would keep her instead of taking her home. DH doesn't think this is a good idea for financial reasons. From talking to Kelly, Beka's mother, it is either I take Beka now or wait to see if CPS ask me if I will take her. I didn't think that was a good option so said yes.
Beka of corse is very upset. She loves her mother and I'm not sure which hurts her more that her mother doesn't want her at home or that her mother is having so many problems that it is necessary for her to live with me. Kelly is bi poler. She has been told over and over why this is necessary, and had even voiced over a year ago that she knew her mother would never be really better and this might happen, but she is 11.
The room she stayed in when she stays with me is also a storage room. I'm having her set up the exercise room as her room. This means for right now the storage room/exercise room is topsy turvy but thought this was the best way to make her feel more at easy.
Beka's father lives in San Diego. I of corse called him right away. He had spoken with Kelly and thought this was a good arrangement. As much as he would like Beka he thinks she would do better living with a grandmother she spends weekends with and close enough to see her mother once in awhile instead of moving 2000 miles to live with a step mother and 1/2 sister she barely knows.