Thursday, January 03, 2013
2012 was the first year that I really set specific goals for myself that didn’t completely revolve around weight loss. So, how did I do? Here’s the recap:
1. Get to a healthy BMI~Not yet! Still “overweight”, but a little closer to “normal” now.
2. Walk/Jog First 5K~Technically, no. But I did walk a ½ marathon with my friend. I hadn’t really trained for it since I was working toward a 5K, but I did complete it and feel so good about it!
3. Do a “real” push-up~No. I still can’t do one even after trying all year! I can lower myself down, but then can’t push back up. I can do a partial one from my toes, but that’s not what I was aiming for. I can do push-ups from my knees with no problem, so maybe I will just stick with those.
4. Play golf with hubby at least once~Well, I went to the driving range once and the chipping practice green once. I never played any actual rounds of golf, though. I think this is just not something I am interested in and hubby totally understands. He’s been playing golf since he was 8 years old and I would never be able to keep up with him :)
5. Read more books than I did in 2011~No. I read 28 books in 2011 and only 26 in 2012.
So, I really didn’t do very well making my goals for 2012, but I am okay with it. If I look back on my year, I know that although I didn’t lose very many pounds, I increased my fitness level and lost enough inches to go down one size from 12 to 10 and from Large to Medium. I also stayed connected on spark people, participated in some challenges for the first time and made some wonderful new friends here. I also did a lot better on tracking my meals and fitness minutes so I am much more aware of what I need to do to live a healthy lifestyle. I have learned how to set goals now and I am much more motivated to achieve them. I now know I can do more than I think I can and will push myself to get where I want to be. 2012 was not a bad year, after all!