Happy New Year! Although the way we write the date changed to 2013, not much else changed for me. Well, the weather did get A LOT colder! My goals are mostly the same though. Well, I am tweaking them slightly for January, but I am still on the same path!
I want to keep saving money, sign up for a few 5K in the spring, and I want to be at 155 lbs by March 1st. However, I feel a little different about my goals. Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to browse other pages & blogs lately. Work has been pretty busy. We didn't start working late nights yet, but I know it is coming! I didn't add too many different goals to my 2013 list. I am pretty happy with how long the list has grown over the past year! Instead of adding a ton of new goals, I just want to adjust the list I already have!
****2012 Month vs Pounds Lost****
Total Pounds Lost in 2012: 44!!!!!
****Accomplished December Goals****
- Did every weighin & team challenge the best I could!
- Used the measuring tape once
- Tracked my protein & stayed in range most days.
- Did a 5K Jingle Bell run and got 36:04!
- Did not eat any tortilla chips!!
- Tried new recipes
- Lost 3.5 Pounds & reached my goal to be 161 by Jan 1st
- Spent time relaxing every day by myself
- Saved some money
- Stood up for myself & continued to stay positive
****My January Goals****
- Weigh 158 by January 31st
- Restart my 5K training
- Continue using the measuring tape at least twice a month
- Keep not eating tortilla chips
- If I eat french fries, try to only eat them once a week
- Sign up for another 5K
- Use the treadmill more!!
- Try 10 new healthier Recipes
- Figure out how to eat healthy when I start eating lunch AND dinner at work
- Stay committed to the Challenges even during busy season
- Aim for 1,000 fitness minute trophy for January!
- Continue to do non-workout activities I enjoy even if I go alone(craft & pet fairs)
- Try to stay patient with my parents even when they are on the fritz!
- Don't get discouraged if I don't reach all of my goals!
- Be at healthy weight (155) by March 1, 2013!
- Be at 100 pounds lost & weigh 150pounds - no deadline
- Complete any 5K in 30 minutes - no deadline
Something odd happened last night. I showed my Mom all of the projects I have been working on. She liked them, but then she asked me something that shocked me. She asked if I was taking pills or any drugs to give me energy. I asked why.. She said I have had so much energy the past few months, and it seems like I can't sit still. The other day she asked if I was Underweight - I thought she was nuts for thinking that. I am 160.4 and I am 5'6 and a half. Apparently she thinks I look around 145 or less and she wanted to make sure I am not starving myself. I understand she is looking out for me, but I don't think I look 145 or less. I tried explaining many people use a healthy weight range for each height - and for 5'6 the weight range is 127-155. I am not trying to be 127! I just want to keep eating healthy & keep exercising!
I haven't been taking any medication except for stool softeners a few times a week because of the missing gall bladder. I really didn't know what to do after she said that. I tried explaining that I have a lot more energy & ambition since I lost a lot of weight. Its true - I feel so much better now. Instead of just sitting and watching a show on the couch, I will watch a show and also work on a craft project. I just multi-task instead of lounging and only watching tv. This past year I HAVE changed so much - I guess it made her think it isn't natural for me to be this active when I used to barely do anything? I don't know! I am trying not to get discouraged, but at the same time I don't want her telling people she thinks I am on drugs. She is a gossip queen who tells my family & her friends everything sometimes. Hopefully she doesn't keep thinking that because I don't want false rumors travelling around my family!
Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week. Happy January! and best of luck to everyone in 2013! We all can reach our goals if we really push hard! Even if we don't reach our goals, every step is super important! Keep moving forward & don't give up!