Thursday, January 03, 2013
So after a couple of days of parties and brunches and having the flu, I am FINALLY officially starting 2013.
My goals and thoughts are below:
1. Food Exploration – a new food each month, highlighting new recipes to add into our kitchen. (We’ve already added lots of new foods in 2012: shallots, sweet potatoes, chia seeds, cous cous, quinoa, pb2, and more!) Our first food to include for January is lentils!
2. Exercise Expansion – well, the time has come for me to add exercise into my plan. I’m starting with the January boot camp, then moving on to Couch25k. I will make fitness goals for every quarter of the year. Hoping to burn at least 100 calories a day. Ideally more, but that’s where I want to start.
3. Eating between 1300-1500 calories per day. More on some days. Still reduce eating out to once a week max to save both calories and money! Enjoy cooking with my husband!
4. Water, water, water! This one has been so hard for me. I am doing much better now, trying to keep up 8 glasses a day.
5. Take time for myself. Since my husband doesn’t work, he’s home all day and I feel guilty asking for “me” time when I’m home, but once a week, I’d like to do a me activity, particularly de-stressing. I would like to maybe even try meditation or something. My job is extremely stressful, and is one of the main sources of my overeating. Getting that under control will be crucial!
6. Overall, small changes. That has been my motto for the past 2.5 months and I’ve had lots of success! Now that eating is relatively a habit, slowly building in other healthy habits.