Thursday, January 03, 2013
Wow! After a year like 2012, I was definitely ready to ring in the new year! To quick give a rundown on 2012... It was challenging: I made the decision to leave my family's farm to pursue a different career (ended up with a job I love and a better, more balanced relationship with my parents) and I ended up divorced after only being married a year. I spent the fall learning that I have AMAZING friends, a good family, and more resilience than I ever gave myself credit for. I, however, found my emotions to be very "strained"... When at the end of November I lost my horse (she died at only 12 years of age), I realized that I barely had the emotional elasticity to handle it. At that point, I finally was able to process the other pain I had been gradually dealing with. Through great challenge, I believe I was able to (partially out of a place of absolute necessity but also I was very ready to finally be me) find a place of equilibrium by the end of the year. I am going to live my life by my rules. I also realized how important it is to really love myself. I'm ready for the future, today, and to enjoy life! 2013 is going to be amazing!
I started P90X towards the end of the year.... Started on November 19TH!!!! It's going well:). I am excited to see my results on February 17th. I have been gradually learning balance with eating, drinking, and living. I have a body fat scale... So far I have gone down 6% in body fat (from 41 to 35 %)so that has been beneficial to see. I also have enjoyed watching my clothes fit better and better, week by week.
FITNESS GOALS FOR 2013:
1) Finish P90X (February 17)
2) Do P90X, P90X+, OR Insanity (Starting February 18...)
3) Do 50 Burpees at least 3 times per week.
4) Run 1 mile (minimally) at least 4 days per week--beating old time each time--until February 17 then start training for half marathon.
5) Run Half Marathon on May 5, 2013
6) Reach goal "weight"... Weight: 128-145 pounds (will evaluate as I get closer) but more importantly Body Fat %: 18-25. My goal weight will depend on what I weigh when I get to my goal body fat content. (BIG GOAL: by MAY 13th... If possible).
7) Let Fitness and Nutrition become a Lifestyle... I LOVE it anyways so enjoy the process!
8) Learn to Ice Skate
9) Go Snowboarding &/or Downhill Skiing
10) Sky Dive
11) Bungee Jump
12) Get Rib Tattoo once I reach fitness goal.
13) Go to: Packer game, Badger game, Brewer game, Rock concert
I'm ready for 2013! It is going to be an adventure!