13 for '13
Thursday, January 03, 2013
When I go back to school, my kids first writing assignment will be to write about 13 goals they have for 2013. After discussing how to set a good goal, they will list goals they have for school, home, hobbies, and behavior. I've decided to embark upon this same task for myself. It sets me up for a successful year and allows me to have a model to show my kids (Weight Watchers and Spark both emphasize the importance of developing allies...who better than 16 very honest 8-year-olds?!).
Here's my 13 goals for 2013:
1. Lose the last 10 pounds by April 1 (before bridesmaid dress shopping for my sister's wedding)... my goal weight is 135.
2. Cross the 10,000 fitness minute mark. I had 9,031 minutes in 2012.
3. Cook a new recipe each week. Preferably a Weight Watchers or Spark recipe, but we all need our guilty pleasures every now and then.
4. Make a vision board and post it in front of my desk so I see it everyday.
5. Finish decorating my bedroom... paintings, curtains, and shelves. I've lived here for a year and a half and still have blank walls.
6. Participate in a class at Archivers.
7. Get this snacking under control!!
8. Budget, budget, budget! And save more... I want to go to San Diego this summer for my practically-brother-in-law's Marine boot camp graduation and I want to start saving up to buy a house someday in the near future.
9. Start an Etsy shop and actually sell something!
10. Participate in a craft show/market.
11. Take tennis lessons or another recreational activity if I change what I'm interested in.
12. Spend more quality time with the parents... they aren't getting any younger and my visits home need to be less about hiding in my room with a book or my iPad and more about actually visiting.
13. Keep my classroom fresh and current... I don't want to be the teacher who settles for the lesson I did last year. I will continue improving and evolving my classroom and teaching practices to make second grade a successful and memorable year for all of my students.