Wednesday, January 02, 2013
I just wrote this and lost it so here is a shorter version. Aghh.!!!!
In Dec I had lost 18 kilos, bra size down from DD to B, bought and fitted size 12 trackies, the dress I was saving to wear when I could fit it was too big, the leggings my daughter encouraged me to buy("hey I'm an old lady I don't wear those things that young girls wear as pants"), that in October had just about dislocated my hip trying to get them on, now slid up my legs like butter.(Pic in my pics for those who haven't seen it.)
The tape measure too was on my side and showed a 10-15 cm loss on arms, waist, hips and thighs.
I wanted to be at my goal by now and moving into maintenance but I am happy my meds have finally settled the chest pain and after another visit for two days to hospital I feel good enough to get back into serious fitness.
So I put forward my goals for 2013 thinking of last year and wanting to be realistic about it.
1. Lose 24 kilos by next December.
2. Blog more often.
3. Get to know some more new Sparkies and encourage them as I was when I first joined.
4. Live, love, laugh as though my weight is not a WEIGHT on my mind but an episode in my life story that will one day be a memory...sweet and sour on thinking about it... as memories are.
5. Buy, buy, buy new clothes that actually fit the new me, not ones that are too big across the shoulders so my HUGE arms can fit them, dresses and skirts that show off my legs not those "goal posts" I used to have and undies.. oh.. I love undies (oops sorry any guy reading this TMI...)
6. Love my husband more as he has put up with a lot and been a dream.
7. Get to December 2013 and have great things to report.
8. Bec (Rebecca) my daughter will graduate medical school in the next year and I want to be there to support her 'with bells on' and a new gorgeously small dress.
Well I think that about covers it, you get the idea.
It will be great to review it over the year and see how I'm going.
Thanks for stopping by, may your journey this year be one of joy and may the ups and downs of life lift you to new heights.